Shepard on NPR's "Fresh Air" 1/20/09

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
mikep
Swindler

Shepard on NPR's "Fresh Air" 1/20/09

Post by mikep »

Shepard will be on NPR's "Fresh Air" tomorrow (1/20/09) as part of their Inauguration day special. Check your local radio listings for times.

Not sure when it'll be available online, but sometime tomorrow it will be available here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/r ... p?prgId=13

You can get a podcast there as well. iTunes will have it too.

Next Broadcast:
Inauguration Day Special
Inauguration Day Special -- The program presents a special Inauguration Day show featuring artist Shepard Fairey, who created the iconic Obama illustration which became the unofficial poster of the campaign. The show also talks with comedian and Daily Show correspondent Wyatt Cenac. His satirical video impression of Barack Obama discussing possible campaign posters was a big hit on YouTube. Finally Terry Gross talks with poet Natasha Trethewey, who won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 2007 for her book "Native Guard." Her white father and black mother married when interracial marriage was still illegal in Mississippi.
hames002
Giant

Re: Shepard on NPR's "Fresh Air" 1/20/09

Post by hames002 »

cool ... I'm listening to it right now
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

just heard the broadcast. he seemed way less jittery than on colbert. i liked it when he told terry gross to "get with the times!"

HA
subterranean
Punk

Re: Shepard on NPR's "Fresh Air" 1/20/09

Post by subterranean »

That was one of the better interviews I've heard/seen with Shep in the last few weeks...good combination of everything...humour, artistic process, politics...really cool, liked it!
"Exterminate All Rational Thought" - W. S. Burroughs (Naked Lunch)

My Collection : http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

That was great, thanks Mikep

I can't help but wonder if Shepard will be doing any street art in the DC area tonight, and if caught would he get a pass. :D